Feedback from 2018 Regional Program Participant
I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much we loved the regional program that you started. Our daughter, Madison (Maddy) Beaver, had always played club through her school so this was the first time that she had to go outside of her comfort zone to play volleyball. She did try out for the elite teams but did not make it and was completely discouraged. Then came the chance to be a part of the TI Regional Program. Maddy came to the first practice with nerves and excitement flowing full force. She met her coaches, Melissa A and Makenzie, and all the girls and loved it. As a mom, I saw my daughter stepping out of her comfort zone, making new friends, building confidence, and learning great skills. She grew as a person and a player over the regional season. She was so sad to see it end!
We have discussed with Maddy what her plans were for the next club season and her answer surprised me at first. She said she wanted to do the regional team again! She loved her experience and felt that she really grew as a player. I agree 100% with her choice and her observation of herself. Also Maddy was able to walk on to the court at her school for open gyms with a confidence and skill that others noticed.
We are truly impressed with this program and would love to see this program continue and grow for girls like our daughter.
Thank you for your time!
Regional Program Tidbits
- Free Clinics begin in October (RSVP required)
- Regional Evaluations begin October 21 (Registration Required)
- Fees: 4 monthly installments of $295 (due last day of the month – December – March)
- Practices will be 2 times per week for 2 hours in duration at Incrediplex
- Practices will begin in January-March (finishes right before Spring Break)
- One practice will be geared to team dynamics and game play. One practice will be position skills training
- Athletes will participate in 4-5 local one day tournaments and The TI President’s Day 2 Day Tourney
- Practice Pack includes spandex, socks, backpack, 2 jerseys & 1/4 zip
- Possibility of putting a team together for AAU National and additional practices
- In 2018 we had 2 athletes improve enough to join two of our elite team rosters and go to AAU Nationals
- Ages Offered
- 11 & 12 and under
- 13 & 14 and under
- 15 & 16 and under
- Volleyball skill plus functional movement
- Athletes will be taught proper form in the following areas:
- Passing (hand placement, platform body position, footwork)
- Serving (contact point, ball toss, overhand and underhand)
- Setting (hand position, footwork)
- Hitting Arm swing and Gather Steps
- Differences between Serve Reception and Defense
- How to Rotate
- Functional Movement in Volleyball
- How to jump and land correctly
- Proper throwing technique
What are tryouts like?
Tryouts will consist of physical testing, skill testing and game situations. Each age division tryout will be different based on needs and number of athletes trying out. Team Indiana’s tryout process is different than several area clubs in the fact that we do not give out offers or bids. We assume that every player going through tryouts wants to participate at Team Indiana. At the conclusion of the last tryout the coaches will inform the athletes of the the date and time of the preseason team meeting.
Are parents allowed to watch our tryout process?
Absolutely! Parents are welcomed to attend any and all tryout sessions, however, we require them to stay in the mezzanine during tryouts. We do ask that you make every effort to not distract the participants or our coaching staff. Please note that at all times only tryout participants and our coaching staff are allowed on the courts.
Is there anything prior to tryouts our athlete can attend?
Yes, Team Indiana hosts free clinics for ages 8-14 prior to tryouts. This is a free of charge opportunity for players to come in and participate in a few drill and scrimmage situations. Each clinic will be run by Team Indiana staff. Athletes will need to complete the online RSVP & waiver to participate. Coaches and staff are always available to answer questions. The complete tryout schedule, including open houses and information night, can be found on the tryout information page.